You want to change the default name on your account if you had originally signed a card with your own, individual name (e.g. "Bill and Sue" or "Friends of Constantine"). Keep in mind that this will also cause cards made by this account to initially have the new name by default — although you can change the signature of a card to any name during the process of or after making it.
We recommend always changing the account back to your regular, full name. Otherwise, if someone gives you an AwesomeBox, it will be titled according to the name in your account, and it will drive your friend crazy, who may be hosting an AwesomeBox for you.
Your account settings will also list all of the AwesomeBoxes that you've received, hosted or participated in.
How to change the default name or email on your account:
- Login to AwesomeBox.com with the email that you've used before on our site.
- Click the menu icon to the right of your name in the upper-right corner. (see below)
- Click on Account Settings and change your name or email and click save.
- How do I host as a group name? This explains how to use a nickname for the host, which could be a group name or two cohost names. This will be the signature of the introductory message different from your name as host.
- For special circumstances in titling your AwesomeBox see How does a box title work?