You can ask someone to host an AwesomeBox for you. Or, you can set one up — in less than 5 steps — so that it doesn't appear to be coming from you, yet you can still manage it. Here's how:
- If you're logged into awesomebox.com, log out in upper right corner.
- Click here to Sign Up with a secondary email that you haven't used on awesomebox.com.
- In First Name field, enter "Friends of (Your Full Name)"
- Leave Last Name field blank.
- Note: remember that you now have two separate accounts. For hosting functionality, you'll need to be signed in with this secondary email.
- A new AwesomeBox should start automatically and, if so, click the Set Up button.
If not, click here to start one.
In the Set Up dialog, add your full name as the recipient:
When you send invitations, you can't use as the recipient's email the email you used for hosting the box because we block recipients from accidentally being invited to their box. Instead, use a different second email.
Use an email/gmail here if you have Google Contacts, so that you can more easily invite people:
People won't be able to tell that you're hosting the AwesomeBox
- On the group page, the host will read like this example:
- In email invitations from within our system, they will be from an awesomebox.com email, for example:
- From: Friends of Tony Deifell <email@example.com>
- Subject: Be part of Tony's AwesomeBox
- The footer of these emails, will be signed this way:
- Email messages from our system, such as automatic reminders, will be signed same as above.
- In the printed introductory cards in the physical deck, the bylines for the host will also read like the examples above.
Here are some hosting tips to make your box more successful
- TIP 1: Add a few cards in the box before inviting people.
- You can edit the signature to be from anyone or you can invite a few people to make a card before you invite more people.
- TIP 2: Invite a core group first. In a second wave, invite more. New invitees will see thumbnails of existing cards and a list of contributors so far. This build momentum.
- TIP 3: Send additional reminders manually — especially if your deadline is longer than a week away.
- See our Hosting FAQs for other great tips on preparing your box before inviting people.
- See our Inviting Friends FAQs for more great tips.
If you ever need to change the name on any of your accounts, log in with that account's email and go to Account Settings under the menu in the top-right corner, or click here.
- NOTE: Remember to change the account name back to the name you want as a default signature on cards you make in the future. You can always edit/change the card signature on a card-by-card basis at any time. Also, if anyone makes you an AwesomeBox in the future, the box title will change to the account name associated with the email.